Friday, June 21, 2013

Project Preparation: An Article from Arts & Activities Magazine


In March 2013, I created an article featured in Arts & Activities Magazine titled "Project Preparation."  Even in the middle of the school year, teachers who push carts and have little storage space to work with struggle in setting up their lessons and pushing all the materials from room to room.

I decided to focus on drawing materials (what students already have and what you should supply), storage tips, painting tips (for rooms without a sink), recruiting helpers, and clean-up allotment of time.

The magazine was featured during the NAEA convention in Ft. Worth!  If you would like to view the article, please click here.

The advice I gave was inspired by previous posts I had written for NAEA's monthly mentor section and in this blog from 2011 called "Painting and Drawing and Sculpture, Oh My!"

We all have our own ways of prepping our projects and utilizing our storage, but with limited space, many of us come across frustrating moments throughout the school year.  I remember those moments!  Instead of venting my frustrations to the staff, I searched for ways to work with what I had, and over time, it got easier.  Find you way to work with what you have, and if you have tips (especially since most of us have our feet up this summer researching for next year's curriculum or browsing lesson ideas), feel free to share in the comments!


No comments:

Post a Comment