Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Getting Back Into the Groove

I just started back at work this week since my maternity leave has ended, and all I can say is..oh my.  I am off my game.  That's what happens when you rock a baby in your arms for 12 weeks!

I'm grateful that my students had a sub that made it through the entire time.  I'm happy the room is set up, the students had created some amazing work, and the grades were entered in for the first quarter.  Awesome.

It's amazing how much things can change from one year to the next though.  There's new meetings, PDs, pacing guides, common core alignment, and much more that now needs to be juggled with the traveling and additional duties.  From what I have been seeing in many teacher-based groups and social media, this is becoming the norm.  If you're reading this, please share your comments on how you are handling any recent changes in your situation (if any).  I would like to see if this is happening nationwide.

Once I'm back on track, I'm hoping to get at least 1-2 posts a week in, especially with so many new ideas to share.  I've been inspired by many recent articles happening in the art world, so I'll be trying out some new project ideas while traveling between my two schools.

Hang in there, readers.  I'm incredibly thankful to have you.

Love,

Your Fellow Traveling Art Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment